Whether you are trying to do your bit for the planet, or looking for something special for the eco-conscious person in your life, here are some suggestions for thoughtful, natural and sustainable gifts you can buy this Christmas.
Why not pop into our shop in Dublin 8 and see these, and other ideas, for yourself?
This year, Dublin Food Co-op has put together four sustainable hampers that will make the perfect gift – take the thinking out of it, and trust us to put together something they’ll love!
The hampers available are;
- Irish Tea and Biscuits Hamper (Members price: €34.95) – for tea lovers, and those with a sweet tooth – this hamper has only Irish products, and is complete with a Christmas Card from a local Dublin artist, Baglady.
- Cheese and Crackers Hamper (Members price: €27.95) – A classic! This hamper is full of full of sustainably produced treats and is sure to please any foodie!
- Irish Self-Care Hamper (Members price: €89.95) – for an extra indulgent gift, surprise someone with this hamper full of pamper products all made in Ireland.
- Palestinian Hamper (Members price: €34.95) – with products from our supplier Zaytoun – a social enterprise reselling quality Palestinian products.
Visit our shop to see all our hampers and make it an easy, sustainable choice.
Eco-friendly gifts and stocking fillers
Looking for something small for the little people in your life? Or just the perfect gift for a friend?
When thinking about eco-friendly gifts, here are three things to consider:
- What do they need or like? Seems obvious, but sometimes a little thought goes a long way! No point buying a gift that will sit in the back of a cupboard or, even worse, end up in the bin. Practical gifts can often be a good choice for this.
- What is it made of? In a world full of plastic, choosing products made from renewable sources is the more eco-friendly choice.
- Where does it come from? Choosing locally sourced products means less air miles, and you’re supporting local businesses. Local can be a tricky one sometimes; you might not be able to find what you want made in your own town, but even products from Europe are a lot more local than those that come from China!
While we might not be able to help with that they like or need – Dublin Food Co-op does have a range of eco-friendly, sustainably sourced products that can make the perfect gift. From small wooden toys for popping into stockings, to Irish made beauty products, to reusable cups and bottles: Dublin Food Co-op can have you sorted.
Consumable Christmas gifts
Another way to be more eco-friendly is to buy consumable gifts – something that can be eaten and enjoyed… leaving little or no waste! And ones that are made with organic and ethically sourced ingredients are even better!
Dublin Food Co-op sell 100% vegetarian and vegan ethically sourced food products. We also have a range of Irish artisan products and support 70 independent Irish suppliers.
Find out more about our products and come in and see what’s available, and know your choice is a sustainable one.
The gift of choice!
Vouchers are possibly the most eco-friendly gifts (especially when they aren’t in the form of plastic cards!), so why not keep it simple and let the receiver decide what they want for themselves by gifting them a voucher?
You can also gift membership to the co-op – making them a shareholder of our co-op and, of course, giving them a discount on all their shopping in 2023!
Pop into Dublin Food Co-op to see the full selection of eco-friendly and sustainable goods we have available, and have yourself a merry, sustainable Christmas!